Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tryst with Destiny -II

Recently I wrote about India’s Tryst with Destiny, and whatever struck me within an hour, I captured it on the word document. But now, I think the ordeal is not over. I need to present the other face of India, for which I am sure you people are also not unaware.

From which direction of India should I start? Every direction has its own tale of sorrow to be narrated. Lets start from North; in Haryana – one of the states of North, recently lathi charge on the teachers occurred in Rohtak which clearly illustrates the democracy situation of India. J&K, another Northern state made news because of land dispute, mind you the land dispute is not between the Indians and Pakistanis but between Hindus and Muslims. The tremors of this news created waves in the capital region as well. In South Raj Thackeray gave his and is always giving sweet and mellifluous statements, which can become the sole reason for even a riot. I think he likes to be in news, however I am sure he can find much good reasons than this to be on TV. In East – Bihar is crying its heart out for help and in West Bengal’s strategy towards development and modernization is far away, I am sure “Mamta di” will have to answer the future generation of Bengalis about its current stand on Singur.

As if this was not enough, there is another tale of woe, this time with the epic centre as “New Delhi” as in central government. If China made its all effort against India for the disapproval of passing the bill agreement in the NSG group, then Indian political leaders are giving statements which clearly illustrate that when they will come to power they will pass a bill which will make this 123 bill null. The land of unity in diversity stands on the verge where its internal forces are tearing apart its integrity. What a shame…

Do I need to say more of the India’s current internal situation? However, I haven’t talked about the sensitive issue of Maoists, and other “wars” which are occasionally going between/among states. These issues are the latest that have occurred within a span of not more than a week.

And these incidents have made me realize, when I wrote about India’s tryst with destiny maybe I was not talking of the same country? Maybe I was not living in the present to talk about same India that Jawahar Lal Nehru mentioned in his speech?May be I was not thinking when I wrote it??? May be I have woken up now to realize the gravity?

I am so confused my friends…Are these people their own enemies. I am not sure whether India’s tryst with Destiny has arrived or will it take another centuries or ages of ages to achieve what our forefathers thought of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back Shuchi!!... Really gud to see ur blog again :)